2017-07 July - Fraser Valley Real Estate Board Statistics
Fraser Valley home sales still strong despite summer slowdownSales activity remained strong in July, despite month-over-month decreases for each of the three major residential property types. This was the sixth strongest July historically for the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board. The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board processed 1,937 sales of all property types on its Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) in July, a decrease of 1.3 per cent compared to the 1,962 sales in July of last year, and a 24.7 per cent decrease compared to the 2,571 sales in June 2017.
“Even though activity has eased off for the summer we’re continuing to see the same trends we’ve seen all year. Namely, strong demand for attached-style homes and slight but steady increases in pricing," said Gopal Sahota, Board President.
“If you’re looking to buy, you’ll be in the best position to do so if you know what you want and can make a decision quickly. Talk to a REALTOR® to help you get where you need to be.”
For the Fraser Valley region, the average number of days to sell a single family detached home in July 2017 was 24 days, compared to 18 days in July 2016.
• Single Family Detached: At $966,000, the Benchmark price for a single family detached home in the Valley
increased 3.4 per cent compared to June 2017, and increased 10.0 per cent compared to July 2016.
• Townhomes: At $485,900 the Benchmark price for a townhome in the Fraser Valley increased 4.0 per cent
compared to June 2017, and increased 18.1 per cent compared to July 2016.
• Apartments: At $341,100, the Benchmark price for apartments/condos in the Fraser Valley increased 4.9 per cent compared to June 2017, and increased 33.3 per cent compared to July 2016.
Source: Fraser Valley Real Estate Board Statistics
- All Entries (68)
- Metro Vancouver Outdoor Pools (1)
- Buyers (7)
- Sellers (4)
- Government News (8)
- Home Improvement Tips (1)
- 2017 Fraser Valley Real Estate Board Stats (6)
- 2017 Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board Stats (6)
- Real Estate News (2)
- Maple Ridge (7)
- Moving to Canada (2)
- Moving (1)
- Golf Courses (3)
- Langley (4)
- Project Developments (8)
- Langley Schools (1)
- Education (2)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (2)
- January 2018 (1)
- August 2017 (2)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (4)
- May 2017 (8)
- April 2017 (13)
- March 2017 (23)
- February 2017 (8)